Road Issue

Reporting Pot Holes and Road Maintenance Issues

To report a pot hole, you need to know:

  • where it is (street/road name, post code address would help)
  • roughly how big it is

If it is safe to do so, you can also provide a photograph.

It takes less than 5-10 minutes to report it on the Council websites.

To report pot holes or other problems with roads and pavements or streetlights to Cambridgeshire County Council please use these links:



Report a highways fault - Cambridgeshire County Council

To report a highways emergency that poses an immediate danger to the public, please call either:

  • Cambridgeshire Highways on 0345 045 5212 (during office hours - 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays)
  • Police on 101

If the highways emergency is on a trunk road, please call Highways England on 0300 123 5000 or the police on 101. The trunk roads in Cambridgeshire are the M11, A1, A11, A14, A47 and A428.

Please check the guidance on reporting here:  https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/roads-and-pathways/roadworks-and-faults

You can report non dangerous problems on roads or pavements here: https://highwaysreporting.cambridgeshire.gov.uk You will need to enter road name, parish or postcode on the map (zoom in) to the location of your report.

To report dog fouling problems, graffiti issue or fly tipping to East Cambridgeshire District Council please use these links below:


Noise Nuisance

There are no specific noise levels that are or are not acceptable - the Council will look at each case individually to determine whether or not a statutory nuisance exists. Please visit the ECDC website for details around; noisy neighbours, light nuisance, odour (eg manure), building noise and/or smoke/bonfire.  This main link will take you to guidance on individual areas that may be causing you concern and then for you to "report it". https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/pollution/noise-nuisance

Litter and Dog Bins

Full Litter or Dog Waste Bins | East Cambridgeshire District Council (eastcambs.gov.uk)

Needles or Drug Litter

Needles/Drug Litter | East Cambridgeshire District Council (eastcambs.gov.uk)

Street Cleaning

Street cleansing | East Cambridgeshire District Council (eastcambs.gov.uk)


What Do You Do if You Smell Gas?

The smell of gas within your property can be alarming and should be treated seriously.
If you can already smell gas and/or think there could be a leak, you should immediately phone the National Gas Emergency Service number on 0800 111 999* at any time of the day or night.




Anglian Water supply water and water recycling services in the East of England.

If you have an issue with your water or sewerage, or you've spotted a leak please contact Anglian Water straight away. If you see a burst water mains please report this as it can lead to a loss of supply.

To report a leak click https://www.anglianwater.co.uk/services/water-supply/leakage/report-a-leak/


Electricity / Power Cuts

Power cuts unfortunately sometimes do happen. UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and mains across the East of England.

To report and track power cuts click https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power-cut

Also call 105 to report a power cut and the operator will provide you advice and track the location of the electricity outage.

You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, you should call the emergency services too. 105 is a free service and you can call the number from most landlines and mobile phones. https://www.powercut105.com/

Police - To report a crime



Live web chatis another way you can speak to operators in the Demand Hub. Live chat can be used to:

  • report non-urgent crimes,
  • seek advice, guidance or support, or
  • tell us about something suspicious you've seen or heard.

Messages are handled in the same way as online reports or 101 calls, but can be much faster. The only difference between calling 101 and using web chat is the technology used. The process operators follow after they receive the information is exactly the same.

Police - To report Anti-Social Behaviour


Report Council Tax Fraud

It can be a criminal offence of fraud to try and avoid paying Council Tax by giving false information to the Council or by not telling the Council about any changes that may affect how much Council Tax is due.