Elections - ID
Elections - ID
Elections 4th May - You need photographic ID to vote now!
- Elections for East Cambridgeshire are taking place on 4 May 2023.
- You’ll need to bring photo ID to vote at a polling station.
- Check if your ID is accepted
From October 2023 it will also apply to UK General elections.
If you don't have accepted photo ID, you can apply for a free voter ID document, which is known as a Voter Authority Certificate.
Accepted forms of photo ID
You can use any of the following accepted forms of photo ID when voting at a polling station.
- Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
Driving and Parking
- Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (this includes a provisional driving licence)
- A Blue Badge
- Older Person’s Bus Pass
- Disabled Person’s Bus Pass
- Oyster 60+ Card
- Freedom Pass
- Scottish National Entitlement Card
- 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Senior SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Registered Blind SmartPass or Blind Person’s SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- War Disablement SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- 60+ SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Half Fare SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
Proof of age
- Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
Other government issued documents
- Biometric immigration document
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- National identity card issued by an EEA state
- Electoral Identity Card issued in Northern Ireland
- Voter Authority Certificate
- Anonymous Elector's Document
You will only need to show one form of photo ID. It needs to be the original version and not a photocopy.
Out of date photo ID
You can still use your photo ID if it's out of date, as long as it looks like you.
The name on your ID should be the same name you used to register to vote.
If you don't have an accepted form of photo ID
You can apply for a free voter ID document, known as a Voter Authority Certificate, if:
- you don't have an accepted form of photo ID
- you're not sure whether your photo ID still looks like you
- you're worried about using an existing form of ID for any other reason, such as the use of a gender marker
You need to Register To Vote before applying for a Voter Authority Certificate.
For More Information Visit: