Bottisham Parish Council are in search of a New Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer.
Applications are invited for the above position in the village of Bottisham - around 1750 electors.
This is a home-based permanent position for an average of 12 hours/week (work-load will vary over the year, so flexibility will be required).
Equipment is provided & home working allowance.
The salary is aligned with national pay scales & pro-rata ranges from £6997-£8706/annum, dependent on experience and qualifications. However, there may be flexibility beyond this for the right person.
Please see the attached .pdf for further details.
Key features of the role are:
- Preparation of agendas for Parish Council meetings in conjunction with the Chair and taking of minutes, together with comprehensive administrative support. Meetings are held on the first Monday evening of each month (excluding August and on bank holidays when the meeting is held on a Tuesday).
- Attendance and provision of administrative support to Parish Council Committees/work-groups and the Annual Parish Meeting.
- Responsibility for making all payments, the financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances, including audit. You will be required to store Parish Council records and documents securely.
- Managing the cemeteries and grass-cutting around the village.
- Advising the Parish Council on observance of good practice, Council standing orders and legal requirements.
- The primary administrative point of contact and correspondent with residents and external bodies.
The candidate will be expected to work towards the CILCA qualification for Parish Clerks (if not already qualified), for which the Council will provide support. You will need to be personally approachable with strong communication and organisational skills and be self-motivated. A working knowledge of local government procedures is desirable, although not essential.
- A full job description & Person Specification is available from the Parish Clerk
firstname.lastname@example.org orTel: 07789 012761.
- To apply for the position please send your CV & a covering letter to the Chair of Council
- Closing date for applications is 12/10/22
- Interviews will be held on the evening of 18/10/22